In Senegal, helping a child to succeed will benefit to the whole family.
In Senegal, helping a child to succeed will benefit to the whole family.In Senegal, helping a child to succeed will benefit to the whole family.Medina is a popular district of Dakar, capital of Senegal. UK Charity Registration No 1167738.
- Trip to Touba, to the Ibra Cheikh Fall school, to give an exceptional donation to Year 5 / Year 6 classes
- Trip to Keur Magor to give an exceptional donation of supplies to classes from Year 2 to Year 6, thanks to the partnership with TAP TAP SEND which offered EUR 500.00 (XOF 330,000) to MMS for the students.
- Launch of the environment project in Medina’s schools. Participation of 3 BIOFORCE interns.
- Poetry and mathematics contests project in Medina’s schools. Participation of 4 BIOFORCE interns. Two schools per intern.
2020 Distribution of school supplies to 12 schools, i.e. more than 4000 students with the participation of the international retired football player Khalilou Fadiga (+ the school of Mlomp in Casamance and the school of Cheikh Ibra fall in Mbacke, for the first time in December 2020)
- Ziguinchor: delivery of a tablet to the best Year 6 student in the school of MLOMP village
- SPONSORSHIP of the 22 best Year 6 students for their entry into Year 7 class (registration fees + all class supplies offered)
- delivery of a check for XOF 250,000 with the help of our partner SABADOLA Gold Company to the family of a child from Mbaye Diagne Degaye school for health care
- donation of sports equipment to 4 football schools in DAKAR
- Fatick: complete renovation of the toilets at Khaoul Bacco Boof’s school thanks to Mr. Khaled ANABTAWI from the company BIC
- More details in the 2020 activity report
2019 (11 schools) Donations of 20,000 notebooks and 15,000 pens to more than 4,000 students in 11 schools
- Village visit: in January 2019, we have been outside the capital, in the countryside to visit the unique schools of the village named Khaoul Bacco Boof. We did offer 350 Notebook and pens to the 47 children registered in the school.
- Refurbishment of the toilets at the Matar Diop and Mbaye Diagne Degaye schools
- Donation of printers to Mour Diop school
- Donation of a globe to the Gibraltar 2 school
- Donated the equivalent of 3 years of school supplies (notebooks and pens) and a solar lamp to Elizabeth Tine, from the village of Niakhar
- Granted a full day of medical check-up and medications to 400 students of Mour Diop school, in partnership with the Layenne Medical Assistance association
2018 (7 schools): our charity managed to to help 7 schools fora total of 3000 children, each of them received 10 notebooks + 10 pens. After the donation of stations, we have built a brand new tap in the school named El Hadj Mour Diop to offer clean water to the 600 children.
2017 (5 school): our charity produced and offered 30,000 personalised notebooks and 30,000 pens to 1,500 children registered in 5 primary schools. (schools named El Hadj Mour Diop, Gibraltar 2, Nago Samb, Matar Diop and Mbaye Diagne Degaye)
2016 (3 schools): 1000 children received help from the charity. 10,000 notebooks and 10,000 pens have been offered to schools named, El Hadj Mour Diop, Gibraltar 2, Nago Samb.
2015 (1 schools): 315 children registered in the school named El Hadj Mour Diop received a total 3000 notebooks and 3000 pens, plus other stationery. 10 notebooks and 10 pens per child.
We accept Bitcoin donation by scanning the below wallet
Most of the primary schools in Senegal are public so why My Medina? The President was born in Medina and grew up there. However, unlike most of the kids living there, he had the chance to go to schools in the city center of Dakar where his schoolmates were mainly from wealthy families. Some of his neighbours and friends didn’t even go to school because their parents couldn’t buy them the necessary schools supplies. This unequal situation motivated him to help his city since early age. he always wanted to do positive action to help Medina.
Many people did not finish the primary school courses because of the lack of money (buying school supplies …). So he felt touched by this cause and today he would like to help and give his support to all the children in Medina that still have the chance to go to public school by offering them the schools supplies.
This project aims to assist and provide support to the education of children of Medina.
I invite all those who can, to carry out a good deed in order to help their neighbourhood. #MyMedina for the development of education. We want to give children what they need.
Helping a child to succeed will benefit to the whole family.